Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Tramatic Visit To The Dentist

First of all, I have to tell you how much I hate the dentist! I have avoided going like the plague since I was in high school but it finally caught up with me. I have a tooth that has been Killing me for about a month now. I finally made an appointment with the dentist for this past Monday. I was scared to death! Everything was fine until my annoying cavity turned into a major problem! The dentist proceeded to tell me that I needed a root canal on my precious tooth! Of course my reaction was one of shock, I started sobbing uncontrollably! The dentist even got a little teary! So, not only was my cavity not filled, now it hurt even worse! So, I very tearfully scheduled my root canal for Wednesday, expecting the worst. But, surprise, surprise! The root canal was a piece of cake! No problem whatsoever! There wasn't even any crying! So for all of you who would rather go the doctor 10 times over one visit to the dentist, there is hope for all of you too!

5 comments:

Tom & Kandice Keegan said...

I don't like going to the dentist either! Glad you got through it all ok ;)

Joy said...

Poor Jenn! I'm sorry for your hard day. But I can't relate. I grew up loving my dentist. He went to school with my mom and dad, and they were in each other's weddings and stuff. Anyway, I'm glad it's over. ;)

Unknown said...

Agh! I used to have the same hatred in my heart for dentists! Until last year, that is...when I had to get a root canal AND a crown. Talk about pricey :o) But my dentist did a great job! I even got to watch TV during the procedure! Anyways, there's my story of the day I guess...

Glad you survived to tell yours!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! I had a root canal last week. It was no fun!

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

Hey Jen! It was good to hear from you. I've been procrastinating going to the dentist, too. I'm hoping there won't be any root canals for me, but I'm probably being ignorant. I've have two before and it wasn't pleasant. One was good...one was horrific! Anyhow, glad yours wasn't too bad. Talk to you later.