Thursday, May 15, 2008

Kicks and Wiggles

This time of the year is so busy that I feel like I can't get anything done! I have been feeling Denton (that's the baby) kick pretty good for the past few weeks but last Sunday during Doug's Sunday school class, I looked down and could see my belly pulsating! All of you mothers out there know what a crazy feeling it is to watch your stomach move like that! The lady sittin next to me even saw it. That evening in church, after I sang the special and sat down, I could see it again! And Doug even saw it this time! I guess he already likes being in church! So now our favorite pasttime is to sit and watch little Denton squirm and wiggle! Can't wait for those kicks to start digging in my ribs or worse!

5 comments:

Steph said...

That is so excited about your baby. Are you going to name him Denton? If so I really like it. It's unique, but not scary unique. I did not know that you teach high school english. I teach math. We'll have to share stories.
Oh the pulsating belly. In the end you could see it when Brandon turned or moved big. It would be like a bump moving across my stomach. This freaked out Shad so bad. He said it looked like alien.
steph

Gages said...

I remember the kicks and jumps. I think that is what kept me going the last couple of months. It is the neatest feeling. Wait till he gets real tight in there. Then when he pushes out with his elbow or foot you can gently push back. It's like you're touching and communicating with one another.
Michelle

Joy said...

I loved that part! It's kinda' hard to pay attention in church once that starts. :) I guess that's my little confession.

John said...

Congratulations on the new baby! I am so excited for you guys. It will be wonderful to actually hold your own child, trust me I have 2 girls already. When the kicking really gets going, if you place an action figure on the tummy and watching it get kicked off is a quite enjoyable past time.

tascha said...

Hey ..........So excited about the baby...aren't those first kicks the BEST!! :) we're due in October..so its just little flutters right now