Friday, October 17, 2008

This is just a little note to let you know what is going on with Denton. Doug and I found a swollen spot in his groin last Tuesday. After going to the doctor, we found out that he has a hernia that will need surgery to correct. We will be going to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Monday to meet with a pediatric surgeon. Even though this is a fairly common thing, when it is your baby it is very daunting. He had also all of a sudden started screaming in pain and stiffening his stomach. While we were at the doctor I asked about this as well. He said he has acid reflux and gave us some medication for it. Please pray that all goes well at the consultation on Monday and that the coming surgery will be uneventful.

3 comments:

Joy said...

We are praying! I am sure you are very nervous about it all. I know I would be. I'll especially be praying for Denton to be kept as comfortable as possible through it all and recover quickly so he can be snuggled. :)

tascha said...

we'll be praying all goes well.......

Joy said...

Still praying. Hang in there. :)