Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Vacation!

Last week, Doug and I took our much awaited vacation. We usually like to go somewhere new but since I'm a little large we decided to spend the week around Knoxville. First, we stopped by Bristol for a baby shower at Doug's parents. Then we spend the rest of the week in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Friday, we drove to Knoxville to see some of our old friends! We had a great time but it's always good to be home!



Cutting the cake at the baby shower
Baby Shower
Quick pic before leaving Bristol
My crazy husband at the Davy Crockett Putt Putt
Doug was so mad that I made the last hole and got a free game!
Ripley's Aquarium

Our good friends, Joy and Jamin Boyer drove down from Ohio to eat lunch with us. This was the 1st time I had seen Jackson! What a cutie!

After lunch with Joy and Jamin we drove to Lenoir City to see Brice and Kelly Chapman and their new baby boy, Bradley. It's amazing he's not crying in this picture!

It rained the entire trip back home, but we saw the most beautiful rainbow ever!

3 comments:

Daniel & Heidi Schatz said...

Hey the next time you're this close you should tell Kels & I!!! We would have loved to see you guys!! Anyway...you look so cute preggo! I'll be praying for you...we have a family web-page too. www.babyhomepages.net/carterandevan

Joy said...

I'm glad your vacation went well. Now you can settle in and just wait for Denton. :) Btw, we didn't exactly drive down from OH just for lunch with you. lol I'm SO glad we got to see you. I wish I could be nearby when the baby's born. Love you!

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

Well, you know, it made me feel good to think that you came all that way to see me! But I know, family and everything!