Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Week Alone

This week Doug has been gone to Lexington, Kentucky to the National Bus Conference. Usually, I am the one going somewhere but this time I had to stay home. I had high hopes of getting caught up on my house work but the week sort of got away from me. I have missed my husband so much, I'm just not sure how to act when he's not around! He thought about staying an extra day, but I convinced him that I needed him home more.

Last night, he started back and went to church at Temple in Powell. He hadn't originally planned it that way in the beginning but it worked out. I was so jealous because I knew he would get to see some of my college buddies! I miss you Sarah, Cathy, and Charity! But he had a great time getting to see some of his old friends too.

My friend Jessica had her baby on Monday. I went to the hospital on Tuesday to see how she was doing and of course hold Baby Jackson. He was a big boy! He weighed 8 pounds and 14 ounces. Both are doing well and are at home now. As soon as I can I'll post a picture of him.

Sorry there are no pictures, my beloved husband took the camera to Kentucky all this week!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"Caught up on house work"??? Don't think that's possible, Jenn. ;o)

Glad you survived a week of despairing loneliness.

Joy said...

8'14, whoa! that's pretty big. That's how much Braden weighed. I'm hoping my Jackson will be healthy, but a little smaller than that. :)

Cathy Henschen said...

Jennifer,
It was good to see Doug at church but I really was disappointed when you weren't there too. :-) Love you and miss you