Monday, September 1, 2008

One Week Old


Denton is doing great! And aside from shorter nights, so are Doug and I. His blood work came back much better on Thursday so he doesn't have to wear the bili blanket anymore. I took him to the hospital for the bloodwork by myself on Thursday, and after a rather long wait, walked out to the car. Much to my surprise (and dismay) the car wouldn't start. So there I was, stuck at the hospital with a 5 day old baby. Doug was on soul-winning so it took about 45 minutes for him to rescue me. Luckily, it wasn't too hot and Denton slept the entire time. Also, it was nothing major with my car. They fixed it that afternoon! What a blessing!


On Friday my mom came to visit for the weekend. She was such a help to me and did anything that needed to be done. I got to turn off the baby monitor and sleep longer than usual. She would come wake me up when it was time for him to eat. Thanks mom! And of course, I didn't take any pictures while she was here! Maybe I can get some from her!

Tomorrow is a weight check at the doctor. Hopefully he will be close to his birth weight! I'm sure there will be more pictures to come!


First Sunday at church (his tie wouldn't fit)




Denton's First Andy Griffith episode
("Goober Takes A Car Apart")

Watching Andy Griffith with Daddy

3 comments:

tascha said...

YEAH that your mom could come for a few days!! He's a doll...I'm glad his blood work is better

Joy said...

I'm glad to see you're raising him right...church and Andy Griffith. Nothing could be better!

He is a doll, I love his suit! And, you definitely gotta' love those moms. My mom was a lifesaver, too!

Joy said...

Oh yeah, I love the new blog look, too.