Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More Pictures of Denton

Finally some new pictures! We have had them on the camera but just hadn't found time to post. Yesterday, we took Denton to the doctor for his first checkup. Then we had to get a blood test done to see if his billirubin levels were too high and see if he had jaundice. They turned out to be pretty high so Doug and I took him to get a billi blanket. He has to wear it all the time, 24 hours a day until his levels come down. Hopefully, they will come way down today. I have to take him for another blood test tomorrow morning so I'm praying they will be low enough to get rid of his machine. He is finally starting to open his eyes more and looking oh so handsome. It amuses me every time I see Doug holding him and talking in that "baby" voice. But, he does like Doug to sing to him! Have a great day!

Big dark eyes
Trying so hard to focus
It looks like a smile but I think he was going for his hand
Crazy blue light baby
Taking it easy
His Billi-Blanket machine

2 comments:

Joy said...

He is SO cute. I think he looks like Doug but I can't tell for sure. I hope it's all going well. I'm praying for you as you adjust!

Matt and Trisha Bookout said...

Congratulations! Denton is adorable! I'm sure you are enjoying all your rest now that he is born. HA! So glad to hear that you had a safe delivery!